TRAVEL TO CUBA AND MEET ITS EXTRAORDINARY WOMEN
Exclusive Women-to-Women Tour to Cuba is a Chance to Meet Extraordinary Female Artists, Leaders, and Workers who are Shaping its Cultural Legacy.
These are historic times in Cuba. With the country’s sudden turn in the spotlight, there’s no better time to visit for a dose of local culture before it inevitably changes.
Since U.S. regulations still only allow travel to Cuba for Americans that facilitates interactions with locals and an understanding of Cuba’s culture, joining a cultural tour is one of the best ways to experience this intriguing country.
Elevate Destinations, a socially responsible luxury travel company, has curated an innovative journey that will give a group of women an intimate look at the female experience in Cuba. They will have the chance to meet face to face with women who lived, struggled, strived and thrived in the Cuban context.
Guided by the President and Executive Director of the Center for Cuban Studies, Sandra Levinson, participants will get to share stories, knowledge, experiences, meals and music in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere, learning about Cuba’s history and hopes for the future from its progressive women.
What can we learn from Cuban women, who achieved a 49% female congress, while the US remains at 20%? What can we share about our own advances around sexism and economic equality? This is an opportunity to see a completely different context for women and take away life lessons that will change your perspective on gender forever.
- Meet female artists who have used their voices and art to contribute to culture and politics.
- Sit face to face with female leaders who have shaped Cuban society, law, politics, and academia.
- Visit women workers and discuss their role in Cuba’s legendary cigar industry.
- Venture into rural Cuba where you will learn about women’s roles in Cuban agriculture and their move towards diversified and sustainable farming after the collapse of the USSR
- Take in the sights, sounds, history and culture of fascinating Old Havana.
Interested in joining this unique adventure? Contact us to learn more and register. Space is limited.
Post Sponsored by Elevate Destinations