The Historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa Embraces the Spirit of the Season with a Spectacular Collection of Nearly 4 Million Holiday Lights on Display from November 27, 2015 – January 6, 2016
The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa Southern California’s historic AAA-Four Diamond hotel kicked off the holiday season last night (November 27, 2015) with the Festival of Lights – a free, five-week-long holiday extravaganza featuring one of the nation’s largest holiday light collections of its kind. Now in its 23rd year, Festival of Lights is an annual gift to the community from property owners Duane and Kelly Roberts, who saved the historic hotel from destruction in 1992.
The beloved Southern California tradition creates a magical experience in the heart of Riverside and attracts more than 250,000 visitors from all over the world each year, commencing with the famous “Switch-On” Ceremony, a spectacular event in which the castle-like hotel is instantly illuminated with nearly 4 million holiday lights followed by a full fireworks display.
The festival includes more than 400 animated figures from angels, elves and Dickens carolers; live reindeer; appearances by Santa Claus; the world’s largest man-made mistletoe measuring 12’ x 8’; horse-drawn carriage rides; elf tuck-ins; freshly fallen snow; elaborately decorated Christmas trees in the lobby and throughout the hotel; and delectable holiday confections at the famous Casey’s Cupcakes, among other festive offerings. In addition, there is an outdoor ice-skating rink on the Main Street pedestrian mall complete with holiday vendors and family-friendly entertainment.
Additionally, this year, The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa will be offering a range of culinary delights in honor of Festival of Lights. From a “12 Days of Holiday Cocktails” menu at 54° at Duane’s featuring a different festive drink each day, to holiday themed cupcakes at Casey’s Cupcakes, there will be tasty treats that adults and little ones alike can enjoy.
Those wishing to stay at the historic hotel during Festival of Lights can select from a variety of special room packages. Whether it’s a family tradition, romantic getaway or gathering with friends, The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa makes every stay during Festival of Lights unforgettable. Packages include:
- ‘Tis the Suite Season – Enjoy the ultimate holiday experience in one of Southern California’s most spectacularly decorated properties and one of the Best Historic Hotels, as voted by USA Today. This two-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; couple’s massage at Kelly’s Spa (advance reservations required); Kelly’s Spa holiday candle; bottle of Roberts Reserve Pinot Noir; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $839; available Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday
- Miracle on Main Street – With so much to see on Mission Inn Avenue and the Main Street pedestrian walkway, it’s easy to see why families make this a traditional stop each year. This two-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; bottle of Roberts Reserve Pinot Noir; dinner for two at Duane’s Prime Steaks & Seafood (advance reservations required); Casey’s Cupcakes for two; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $799; available Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday
- Casey’s Comfort & Joy – Indulge in The Inn’s culinary delights during Festival of Lights and toast to a year well spent with a bottle of a special Roberts Reserve Pinot Noir. This two-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; bottle of Roberts Reserve Pinot Noir; $100 dining credit; Casey’s Cupcakes for two; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $749; available Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday
- Festival Lights & Delights – Enjoy an unforgettable stay where guests can find themselves amid millions of lights, characters and surprises around every corner. This one-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; $50 Kelly’s Spa credit; bottle of Roberts Reserve Pinot Noir; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $359; available Sunday through Thursday
- The Winter Wonderland – Marvel in a bevy of sights, sounds and scents of the season. With so many wonderful things to enjoy during stay, the Winter Wonderland excursion is sure to be a fun adventure on the holiday agenda. This one-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; $50 dining credit; Casey’s Cupcakes for two; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $339; available Sunday through Thursday
- The Holiday History package – Explore The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa’s rich presidential history and find out why The Inn is a must-see for all during Festival of Lights. This one-night stay includes deluxe accommodations; a docent-led tour via The Mission Inn Foundation (10:15 a.m. or 4:45 p.m.); breakfast for two in The Mission Inn Restaurant; and complimentary valet parking. Starting at $319; available Sunday through Thursday
Also available to hotel guests, as well as those making a day trip to Festival of Lights, is a specially curated menu of decadent spa treatments at Kelly’s Spa. Guests can marvel in the joy and wonder of Festival of Lights while treating themselves to an indulgent spa experience. Special treatments include:
- Holiday Delight – Indulge in this rejuvenating treatment and feel holiday worries drift away! Refresh with a Citrus Cilantro Antioxidant Bath Soak to awaken and ignite the senses. Continue with a sea salt and Pear-Infused Brandy Body Polish, taking skin from gloomy to glorious and leaving guests awash in ripe pear scents and glistening softness. Next, rediscover spice for life with a Ginger Sorbet Body Milk Massage, with all natural ginger and grapefruit notes for an uplifting finish. $175 for 20-minute Antioxidant Hydrotherapy Bath; 25-minute Body Polish; 25-minute Massage
- Savor the Season – The sensory journey of this celebratory treatment experience will awaken the holiday mind, body and spirit. Begin with a warm, bubbling hydrotherapy bath soak rich with sweet almond oil and coconut milk. Continue with a spicy, gingersnap brown sugar and whiskey scrub polishes to refine the body from head to toe. As a finale, a massage with warm shea and cocoa butters, scented with light, billowy marshmallow notes leaves guests relaxed and satisfied with visions of holiday splendor. $220 for 20-minute Hydrotherapy Bath; 25-minute Body Polish; 50-minute Massage
- Treasured Moments Couples Treatment – This velvety Couples Body Treatment begins with a steaming Butter Brûlée whole milk and chicory root-infused body wrap to hydrate and soothe dry winter skin. While cocooned, slip into pure heavenly bliss with a warm coconut oil scalp massage to relieve tired minds. Complete the journey together while being drizzled and massaged in a rich buttery melt of emollient shea, cocoa and mango butters, providing luscious hydration with a silky-fine touch. $450 per couple for 50-minute Body Wrap & Scalp Treatment; 50-minute Massage
For more information, please visit http://www.missioninn.com/.